Expressive therapies are using creative arts as a form of therapy, including the distinct disciplines expressive arts therapy and the creative arts therapies (art therapy, dance/movement therapy, drama therapy, music therapy, poetry therapy, and psychodrama). Unlike traditional arts expression, the process of creation is emphasized rather than the final product. Expressive therapies are based on the assumption that people can heal through the various forms of creative expression. Expressive therapists share the belief that through creative expression and the tapping of the imagination, people can examine their body, feelings, emotions, and thought process.
The benefits of creative arts therapy:
- Increase autonomy, mood, and expression; Decrease feelings of isolation
- Offer a rhythmic structure for relaxation and breathing
- Help you visualize positive imagery that evokes calm and pleasant feelings
- Decrease anxiety and agitation
- Increase your creative expressions
- Improve your communication & social skills
- Increase positive coping skills
- Increase mood regulation
- Increase sense of self-worth and practice empowerment
- And so much more...
Please contact me to schedule your FREE consultation!